WHAT THE DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
- We welcome you to the Centre for Man in Aviation in Soesterberg, The Netherlands.
- You will get a short medical check-up to make sure that it is safe for you to perform this exercise.
- Our experts will explain the concept of hypoxia and guide you through the experience.
- You will participate in a small group of ten people at the most.
- You enter our hypobaric chamber, wearing an oxygen mask. We then reduce the atmospheric pressure inside the room to simulate high altitudes.
- You remove your oxygen mask to experience the symptoms of hypoxia under the supervision of our experts.
- We will ask you to perform simple tasks, such as writing your name. Afterwards, you will be surprised to see how poorly you performed. Just like a drunk driver, you will think that you are doing fine, while your ability to function gets increasingly compromised.
- You will learn what the symptoms of hypoxia symptoms are so that you can avoid oxygen emergencies during space travel.
- You will receive a certificate of completion.
- You can combine this module with any of the other space training modules.
This is a full-day workshop.
It is one of the modules of the complete private astronaut training, but you can also book it separately.
This is a standard exercise at an intermediate price level.
Center for Man in Aviation
Are you interested? Let us know, and we will inform you about the exact timing of the next edition. You can enroll by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The places are limited to ten, so make sure to claim your spot!